Huntsville Committee of 100 History
The Huntsville Committee of 100 was formed in 1995 by a small group of small business leaders with a sincere interest in the progress of Huntsville. They wanted to form a business organization that was active in local political issues, primarily:
- Develop long-term strategies that impact economic development and improve public education.
- Attract and support visionary, business-oriented candidates to run for local elected office.
- Communicate with local elected leaders on business issues.
- Hall Bryant, Owner, H.C. Blake Co.
- David Byers, former Owner, Byers Nursery
- Jeff Enfinger, President, JWE Properties
- David Johnston, MCM Financial
- Dr. Oscar Maxwell, Physician
- Gene Monroe, former Owner, Monroe Business Equipment
- John Riche (deceased), former President, A. C. Inc.
- Joe Ritch, Attorney, Sirote & Permutt
- Dr. Oscar Maxwell, Physician – Chairman 1995-1996
- David Johnston, V.P., G. W. Jones & Sons – Chairman 1997-1998
- John Riche (deceased), President, A.C. Inc. – Chairman 1999-2000
- Scott McLain, President, Coldwell Banker McLain Real Estate – Chairman 2001-2003
- Dick Reeves, CEO, Angel Investor Management Group – Chairman 2004-2005
- Evans Quinlivan, President, National Bank of Commerce — Chairman 2006-2007
- Dr. Bill Sullins, Optometrist – Chairman 2008-2009
- Donna Lamb, Lamb Commercial Real Estate – Chairman 2010-2011
- Dave Hargrove, Regional Manager, AT&T – Chairman 2012-2013
- Ron Klein, Headmaster, Westminster Christian Academy – Chairman 2014-2016