To identify, develop and encourage visionary, business-oriented candidates with a commitment to cooperative government to run for local public office, and support them as they serve the community.
Who We Are
BizPac is a non-partisan political action committee that endorses candidates in local elections only. These include the Huntsville Mayor, Board of Education, and City Council; Madison Mayor and City Council; and the Madison County Commission, Board of Education, and Schools Superintendent. The BizPac Board invites ALL candidates running for these elected offices for an interview and recommends endorsements and contributions to the full Committee of 100 members for a vote.
BizPac takes great pride in the transparency of our endorsement process of local candidates. The Committee of 100 members has input from start to finish in evaluating candidates and voting on each endorsement recommendation. The BizPac Board seeks to recruit and endorse candidates who are pro-business, have a long-term vision, and a collaborative spirit.
BizPac’s Endorsement Process includes:
- The Committee of 100 members receive a survey on elected official satisfaction. Survey results are reviewed by the BizPac Board.
- Select districts/races may be chosen for scientific polling by an outside, unbiased research firm.
- All candidates receive an in-depth written survey on a wide variety of economic, educational, and local issues.
- All candidates are invited to an interview with the BizPac Board.
- The Board engages in thoughtful discussion and makes recommendations to the full membership for a vote on endorsements and contributions.
- Endorsed candidates meet and speak with the full membership at a quarterly membership meeting.
- Endorsed candidates may receive monetary contributions, polling data, and individual support from the membership.
- All endorsements are announced to news outlets and on social media.
- BizPac submits financial reports to the Alabama Secretary of State as required by the Alabama Fair Campaign Practices Act.
Board of Directors