What happens when the workforce we depend on can't afford to live close to their place of work?
Workforce housing is both affordable to workers and close to their jobs.
We all depend on workforce housing because we all rely on healthcare professionals, teachers, police officers, retail, and hospitality workers to come to work every day. They power our economy, but it is increasingly difficult for middle-income workers to buy or rent housing in areas in which they work.
A limited supply of workforce housing moves critical workers to the outer fringe of the region, leading to longer commute times, increasing traffic, and creating other negative externalities for our community. Solving the workforce housing shortage is crucial to our major employers, our economic growth, and our quality of life.
Join the conversation to help make our community Affordable by Design.
Affordable by Design – A Business-Focused Conversation on the Workforce Housing Shortage
Creative Cities Fund
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023
- The Jackson Center – 6001 Moquin Drive NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
- 11:00 am Doors Open
- 11:30 am Lunch
- 11:45 am – 1 pm – Program & Keynote
- 01:15 pm Breakout Session (by invitation)
- Keynote Speaker: Megan O’Hara, Urban Design Associates
- Megan O’Hara is a Principal at Pittsburgh-based firm Urban Design Associates. She is a nationally recognized leader in urban redevelopment, design, and revitalization projects, with experience in 25 states and 10 countries. She purposefully engages communities, neighborhoods, and cities in processes to envision plans for the future; create plans and drawings; and chart actionable implementation strategies to achieve these goals.
- Learn more about Megan and her team at Urban Design Associates here.
- Click here to connect with Megan O’Hara on LinkedIn.
Corporate & individual sponsorships are available. Click HERE to download our sponsorship package.